In bullet form….


-weighed 10 lbs 10 oz at his 2 month Dr appt!!  When the nurse weighed him and said ,” ok, 10 / 10″.  I paused and stared at her and said, “do you means 10 POUNDS and 10 OUNCES?”  I’m not sure what else I thought she might have meant.  To say the least, we’re pleased with this development.

-is 22″ long (and inch and a half longer than at birth) and his head is 15″.  The Dr. placed him solidly in the 25% to 30% range for all three measurements.  Which doesn’t really matter, so long as he’s proportionate with himself, and he is!

-got 3 shots and an oral vaccine at his appt and handled them fantastically.  Had his first doses of infant Tylenol to combat the fever that he got afterwards.

-really hates having clothes pulled on over his head.

-likes bath time, except for the getting out part.  I think he gets that from his Gram.

-is absolutely enamored with the bug mobile over his changing pad…and when Dad had the brilliant idea to spin it around so all the bugs look like they are flying? Well, you might as well have given him the moon and stars.  I think I spun that mobile about 30 times last night after his diaper change.  He was thrilled every time.

-is smiling more and more, and is just starting to make cooing noises.  I think they still mostly take him by surprise when he does it, but I’m sure in the next few weeks, he’ll find his voice.

-has started sucking on his fist with some purpose and determination.

-think it’s really funny when his Dad imitates video game songs and noises.  It practically guarantees a smile.

-wants to be bounced to sleep….vigorously.  No gentle motions for this kid…he wants his head bobbing all around when he drifts off.

-is sleeping from about 11-12 at night to about 5 or 6 am, and then taking 3 or so regular naps during the day.  Last night he (and by extension, I) slept from 11pm till 6am and got up to eat, and just crashed out again at 8am for a morning nap.  I felt so rested from the good 7 hours of sleep that it’s the first time I decided to just stay up and start the day, rather than face-planting back into my own bed at the same time he went back to sleep.  So far it’s a good routine for us.  If I can avoid regularly being awake in those wee morning hours, I’ll take it.  Those are the worst!

-is a champ at running errands.  I’m not sure why I don’t take him out of the house every single day.  He seems to like the car seat just fine once he is buckled in and settled.  He either crashes out immediately, or serenely gazes out the window while we drive. I think he gets bored of the house and wants new stuff to look at.  Mom, too!

-had his first picture with Santa this week:

His shirt has cookies and milk on it and says "For Santa, not Daddy."


-am feeling physically good.  Recovery from the birth was pretty easy, and I feel like the crazy hormones are leveling out now.  Now if my skin and hair would get the memo, I’d be glad for them to go back to normal, too.

-am back to my pre-pregnancy weight.  Some days a little less, some days a little more.  Good starting point for when I start to work out again!

-wish I could get my act together better more on days when we leave the house.  I usually just have my hair pulled back in a ponytail and absolutely no makeup and some random hodgepodge clothes.  I’m feeling pretty schlumpy most of the time, but I think it will get easier as he gets bigger.  I certainly need a haircut, and I totally get why new moms always get the ‘new mom haircut’; a.k.a. ‘the bob’.  Just not sure I want to join those ranks.  Maybe something midway between that and what I’ve got now, which is just long and out of control.

-have now nursed Urijah in the backseat of my car in a parking lot (surprisingly quiet and nice…wouldn’t mind having to do that again) and in the fitting room of Macy’s lingerie department.  Also not bad, but it killed my back sitting on that hard little seat the whole time.  When he was really small, I was complaining to Lisa that I absolutely could not nurse him without the Boppy pillow that I use at home (seriously the best thing EVER.  Thanks to Lisa for sending me hers when she was done with it.  We use it for every single feeding when we are at home!)  – he was just too floppy and his head was too hard to control, etc. I couldn’t make the logistics work of holding his head and his body and also positioning my boob for his mouth.  I needed more hands.   She said it would get easier as he got stronger and she was right!  All of a sudden, I can support his head in the crook of my arm and his little bottom and legs rests against my stomach/lap area and it all works out fine.  Whew.  That certainly makes being out and about easier.  (It also helps that he has gotten more aggressive about latching on and does so without nearly as much intervention from me.)

-am dreading starting to work again.  Still no official ‘start date’ but probably soon after the New Year.  I’m not sure how it will work out, but we’ll give it a go.

-am about to celebrate my 1 year wedding anniversary with Scott on the 20th.  Grandma and Pop-Pop ( these are the unofficial grandparent names for Scott’s folks that I am using – there has been no official agreement as to what their names will be yet.) are graciously coming to town  so that Scott and I can go out for the evening.  It will be our first outing alone together since my mom was here back in week 2.  We are in week 9.  It’s time.

-love this kid more and more every day:


2 Comments (+add yours?)

  1. Trackback: sherry
  2. Trackback: Angela Noelle